Thu, Mar 28|
King of Prussia
MEA Small Business HR Speakers Series
Small business owners and managers in the King of Prussia area are invited to attend a customized speakers’ series to learn critical Human Resources issues that may make or break your organization.
Time & Location
Mar 28, 2024, 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
King of Prussia, 600 Clark Ave, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
About the event
Employment laws and regulations continue to change, leaving business owners and HR leaders constantly trying to keep up. Add into the mix an increasingly remote workforce and things can really become complicated leading to an HR headache that no one has time for.
Join Amy McAndrew, Esq. for an interactive conversation as she reviews and answers recent questions posed by some of MEA’s over 600 Member companies!
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- How to navigate reasonable suspicion among an increase in recreational marijuana legalization and use.
- When a lay off is truly a lay off.
- How to handle pro-nouns and gender identity in the workplace and in the hiring process.
- Why you can’t simply tell new hires to bring a driver’s license and social security card on day one.
- Issues relating to small business practices.
- What you need to consider before hiring your 50th employee.
- What you need to do before considering firing someone.